Am 22.06.2013 16:57, schrieb Hans Hagen:

We have no feature 'size' (or I must have forgotten about it). As
there is no consistency in designsizes and there is always some
esthetic choice involved no automatic mechanism is (and will be)
build in.

Hi,

There is a 'size' table in opentype fonts which contains informations about the design size, the design range and a style-ID and -name. Fonts that come with different optical sizes do in fact use that table exactly for the purpose desired by Andrés. Latin Modern does so, Adobe fonts do so and EB Garamond happens to use that table too. XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX interpret it correctly (by means of fontspec, IIRC). So perhaps it’s worth reconsidering this.

Best regards,
Georg