On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Lars Huttar wrote:

I was advised to report the bug back to this list, with an even more
minimized example.
Here it is below.
This bug occurs in both mkiv and mkii, in the latest versions (current
beta).

|\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]

\definecolumnset[columnset1][n=2]
\setupcolumnset[columnset1][distance=5mm,balance=yes]

\starttext

\section{Introduction}
\startcolumnset[columnset1]
   \dorecurse {7} { \input knuth }
\stopcolumnset

\section{Bibliography}
\setupinterlinespace[line=9.3pt]
\startcolumnset[columnset1]
   \dorecurse {10} { \input knuth }
\stopcolumnset

\stoptext

Note the gap across both columns on p. 3, about 3/4 of the way down.
Any suggestions for a workaround would be appreciated.

Any particular reason you are using columnsets rather than \startcolumns or \startmixedcolumns. Columnsets are for specialized layout requirements, and in my experience, mixing columnsets with text that is not in columnsets is a bit tricky.

\startsetups normal
\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]
\stopsetups

\startsetups tight
\setupinterlinespace[line=9.3pt]
\stopsetups
\setupmixedcolumns[distance=5mm, balance=yes]

\starttext
\section{Introduction}
\startmixedcolumns[setups=normal]
   \dorecurse {7} { \input knuth }
\stopmixedcolumns

\section{Bibliography}

\startmixedcolumns[setups=tight]
   \dorecurse {10} { \input knuth }
\stopmixedcolumns

Aditya (not sure why the interlinespacing is not working)