Hi Wolfgang,

On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 12:17:11 -0700, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Am 08.02.2015 um 15:40 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <isha...@colostate.edu>:

[…]

There seems to be a bug with \smallcaps. Otherwise I think the above makes a good default set to start with.

Hans changed the effect of “style=smallcaps”, in the ConTeXt used \sc when you did this setups but now ConTeXt just enables small capitals in the active font. The problem here is that ConTeXt’s default font Latin Modern uses a separate file for small capitals unlike other fonts like TeX Gyre Pagella.

What you can do to avoid this problem with Latin Modern is to use “style=\sc” in your setup.

Thanks for this pointer! Yes, it does work now (tried both LM and TeX-Gyre). And I see that \smallcaps works in TeX-Gyre but not LM... an interesting subtlety.

So to sum: \sc [etc. I presume] is defined for the typescript and \smallcaps [etc. I presume] is defined for the font itself (where can add and subtract opentype features etc.). Thanks again and

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid