Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 16.03.2020 um 15:42:

Am 2020-03-16 um 14:35 schrieb Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl>:
Yes, pagella is a extreme case but when you use bold text the vertical spacing is also messed up. You can avoid this when you use a fixed lineheight (e.g. \setupinterlinespace[line=14pt]) because the default distance is font dependant (default: 2.8 * ex-height).
or one can play with these parameters, that default to:

\setupinterlinespace
  [height=.72,
   depth=.28]

(maybe we should have recomended values for specific fonts)

I had similar problems in the past and got to
2.9ex for Alegreya
3.2ex for Adobe Jenson

(Just tried, didn’t calculate anything.)

How would this help for the original problem?
Some fonts have a different ratio (I forgot what font i did .7 / .3) but indeed an all-bold or whatever style change sometimes demands a local \setupinterlinespace (no argument).

Of course one could also tweak the ht/dp of a specific style using one of the pseudo features.