Why Management and IT Staff, of course. J But obviously, it's going to be at
the employee's discretion, and all IT can do, really, is provide examples of
what is and is not considered "reasonable." Like the proposed wording said
".information that might be considered reasonable if read as a text
publication in an office environment."

 

Although, I'd provide concrete examples of what would and would not be
considered "reasonable" such as NY Times would be considered "reasonable"
and Playboy or Penthouse would not be "reasonable."

 

John-AldrichTile-Tools

 

From: Steven M. Caesare [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:03 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Internet Policy

 

"Reasonable".

 

To whom?

 

-sc

 

From: James Kerr [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:35 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Internet Policy

 

I know this has been discussed in the past but I'm in the process of making
changes to ours so I was interested in a little input from my peers. We have
always had a policy of not allowing our desktops, email and Internet
connection to be used for personal use at all. That being said we have
always turned a blind eye to occasional personal use through the day. This
has been a problem for us. Now we are looking to change the policy to
reflect that we do allow this type of use.

 

We want the staff to know that's its ok but we also want them to know what's
not ok. I was looking to basically say the following. "Some personal
Internet use is allowed but must not interfere with the performance of work
duties and responsibilities. Personal Internet use must be restricted to
reasonable sites and materials such as news or information that might be
considered reasonable if read as a text publication in an office
environment." I'm also going to add that downloading files is not allowed
unless approved by IT and that this includes email attachments from personal
email as well. Any thoughts?

 

James

 

 

 

 

~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>

Reply via email to