You can bet I already have this in place already. 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Maglinger, Paul 
  To: NT System Admin Issues 
  Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:16 PM
  Subject: RE: Internet Policy


  Implement Websense and block the sites that could be problematic to the 
company (pron, warez, etc).  Websense also allows reporting so you know where 
your employees are surfing and for how long (good for those productivity 
reviews).

   

  From: James Kerr [mailto:[email protected]] 
  Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:35 AM
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Subject: Internet Policy

   

  I know this has been discussed in the past but I'm in the process of making 
changes to ours so I was interested in a little input from my peers. We have 
always had a policy of not allowing our desktops, email and Internet connection 
to be used for personal use at all. That being said we have always turned a 
blind eye to occasional personal use through the day. This has been a problem 
for us. Now we are looking to change the policy to reflect that we do allow 
this type of use.

   

  We want the staff to know that's its ok but we also want them to know what's 
not ok. I was looking to basically say the following. "Some personal Internet 
use is allowed but must not interfere with the performance of work duties and 
responsibilities. Personal Internet use must be restricted to reasonable sites 
and materials such as news or information that might be considered reasonable 
if read as a text publication in an office environment." I'm also going to add 
that downloading files is not allowed unless approved by IT and that this 
includes email attachments from personal email as well. Any thoughts?

   

  James

   

 


 

~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

Reply via email to