Thoughts? Oh, yes...

How about default deny, and add in only web sites that are approved?
Make the approval process fairly easy, but documentable - get the
managers involved in the approval process.

That will cut down on most of your problems, right there.

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 06:34, James Kerr <[email protected]> wrote:
> I know this has been discussed in the past but I'm in the process of making
> changes to ours so I was interested in a little input from my peers. We have
> always had a policy of not allowing our desktops, email and Internet
> connection to be used for personal use at all. That being said we have
> always turned a blind eye to occasional personal use through the day. This
> has been a problem for us. Now we are looking to change the policy to
> reflect that we do allow this type of use.
>
> We want the staff to know that's its ok but we also want them to know what's
> not ok. I was looking to basically say the following. "Some personal
> Internet use is allowed but must not interfere with the performance of work
> duties and responsibilities. Personal Internet use must be restricted to
> reasonable sites and materials such as news or information that might be
> considered reasonable if read as a text publication in an office
> environment." I’m also going to add that downloading files is not allowed
> unless approved by IT and that this includes email attachments from personal
> email as well. Any thoughts?
>
> James
>
>
>
>

~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

Reply via email to