oops.
The second to last line should obviously be:
myMenuInstance = MyMenuWidget('My Menu')

On 19/10/16 6:47 PM, Frank Rueter|OHUfx wrote:
For the menu you can do something like this (basicallly combine standard QT flow with hiero's registerInterest() logic:

import hiero
from PySide import QtGui

class MyMenuWidget(QtGui.QMenu):
    def __init__(self, title, parent=None):
        QtGui.QMenu.__init__(self, title, parent)
        testAction = QtGui.QAction('test', self)
        self.addAction(testAction)

    def eventHandler(self, event):
# this enables the menu to be registered as a default context menu item
        event.menu.addMenu(self)

myMenuInstance = OhuMenuWidget('My Menu')
hiero.core.events.registerInterest('kShowContextMenu', myMenuInstance.eventHandler)

As for renaming bin items, that method seems to be missing. Not sure what the work around is.