Well, I am the IT guy managing entire factory network/servers, I'm also R&D and
technical director, beside being in production.
It's really a shame that Nuke doesn't perform nice with a SSD robust
workstation.

In Toxik, you simply hit a IR thing on each node you want to be cached, then
when you play the comp, if the nodes is already cached it is realtime (with
fast SSD of course), if not it cache it and next time it is realtime. Simple
hit IR on output node, play once (it will use ever cached parts of the comp),
and then you are realtime. If it's good, render it in a few seconds as it
recalculate nothing. So simple and fast  it isn't even funny.

I think that TheFoundry could have a look at how Toxik caching works, both
behind the hood and setting it for the artist to rethink Nuke caching.
Performance is really problematic.

Please be sure I don't want to start any Toxik vs Nuke thingy, Nuke is just
amazing for a lot of things, but Toxik also have its strengh and performance is
something that could be greatly enhanced in Nuke.

I will continue investigating this, so if anyone have insight, tips etc please
post them, I will read and test all I can.

Thks
Kib