I would assume the default state of Particular for AE and Particular for
Nuke is not the same. Sounds to me like the z-position is set differently,
or the world transformation is set differently.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to Particular for Nuke.

Ron Ganbar
email: ron...@gmail.com
tel: +44 (0)7968 007 309 [UK]
      +972 (0)54 255 9765 [Israel]