Citeren Алексей <lesovsky...@uzps.mh.ru>:

I have some problem when updating NUT. I have server with 4 UPS connected.
When I starting upsdrv and upsd and after sometime (1-2 minutes) I can't get
data from ups's
# upsc a...@localhost battery.type
Error: Data stale

and errors in /var/log/{syslog,debug,daemon.log}
usbhid-ups[2385]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device or resource busy

If you want to monitor multiple UPSes through usbhid-ups, you *must* make sure that each one can be uniquely identified through the "vendor", "product", "serial", "vendorid", "productid" and "bus" regular expressions (see 'man 8 usbhid-ups' for an explanation how to use these).

If you don't do this, the drivers will connect to the first device that matches, which may mean that all four instances may attempt to connect to the same UPS. Your setup may have seemed to be working before, since previously we didn't check for this condition. Now the drivers will bomb out when another driver attaches to the UPS they are monitoring.

Best regards, Arjen

PS You need to subscribe to the nut-upsuser mailing list in order to post messages. I've accepted your message once, but will reject further postings if you don't subscribe.

PPS Don't reply to me personally. I don't follow up on messages send to me in private, unless a consultancy fee is involved.
--
Please keep list traffic on the list