Alia,

On Jul 21, 2016, at 7:12 PM, Alia Atlas
<akat...@gmail.com<mailto:akat...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Larry,

Very briefly in-line.

On Jul 21, 2016 10:04 PM, "Larry Kreeger (kreeger)"
<kree...@cisco.com<mailto:kree...@cisco.com>> wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> See my responses inline below.
>
> Thanks, Larry
>

> On 7/21/16, 7:56 AM, "nvo3 on behalf of Bocci, Matthew (Nokia - GB)"
> <nvo3-boun...@ietf.org<mailto:nvo3-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of
> matthew.bo...@nokia.com<mailto:matthew.bo...@nokia.com>> wrote:
>
> >WG
> >
> >There was a discussion in the NVO3 WG meeting in Berlin following strong
> >advice from our Area Director that we need to come to a consensus on
> >converging on a common encapsulation. Two sets of questions were asked:
> >(1) Should the WG move forward with one standards track encap?
> >(2) For a given encap, do you have significant technical objections?
> >
> >This email relates to the second of these questions. Please refer to the
> >separate email titled ³Consensus call on moving forward with single
> >encap² for discussion related to point (1).
>
> I am sorry I missed the meeting.  Was the room polled for the option to
> move forward with more than one encap?  I am interested in knowing the
> response to that question since on the list, that option appeared to have
> much more traction.  If the room was not polled for that option or for a
> choice between the options discussed on the list, then we have
> incomplete/misleading results for how to move forward.

Yes, of course the question was asked.   There was,  as I recall, almost no one
in favor.

Thank you for the summary of the meeting for those of us who weren't there.
Interestingly, we seem to have a different trend on the mailing list: option 1
appears to garner significant support.