Joe Giunta, Debbie Martin, Joe Viglietta and I (Sy Schiff) primarily birded
the perimeter around the West End #2 (WE) lot venturing down to the beach.
First, we perused the bar, by scope, from the Coast Guard Station lot, finding
a mass of AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHERS and 7 ROYAL TERNS. The base of the hedgerow
had about 20 sparrows including a half dozen WHITE-CROWNED.
We drove over to the SW corner of WE and then walked counter clockwise around
the lot. On the east side of the swale, we paused to walk down to the ocean. On
the beach there were a dozen LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS to our right (west) and
3 to our left (east), while back at the lot there were 3 more. A few SANDERLING
mixed in with 100 DUNLIN moved by along the water's edge.

Five HORNED LARKS, SAVANNAH and SONG SPARROWS were noted as we birded along
with a PEREGRINE FALCON, several MERLIN and a hunting NORTHERN HARRIER.

Also seen this morning were both KINGLETS, THRASHER, CATBIRD, TOWHEE, 7 species
of SPARROWS, GOLDFINCH and loads of YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS.

Sy