Joe Giunta, Sam Jannazzo, Joe Viglietta  and I (Sy Schiff) spent the morning at
Jones Beach.

A quiet day; DOWNY, HAIRY, FLICKER, BROWN CREEPER, RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH in the
pines. WHITE-THROATED, SONG and JUNCOS on the ground; YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS
everywhere.. So a bit slow today, if you're not a tree. The first RED-NECKED
GREBE of the season appeared in the inlet. A COOPER'S HAWK seems to be hanging
around.

Small flocks of PINE SISKIN (about 150 in all) were in the air.and some landed
at the turnaround.  Others reported the lingering MARBLED GODWIT on the bar at
the Coast Guard Station.

A seawatch by Joe G. and I from field #6 mid-morning found NORTHERN GANNETS,
about 600 per hour, streaming west; while small flocks of Scoters were moving
east. Get together guys.

No clouds to the north, but a lovely "mackerel sky" over the ocean. Rain is
coming, but for today, weather  was great.

Sy