Hi Tommaso,

My knowledge of Solr is not anything like as deep as yours. I would like to
check what I know is correct, to avoid sharing the wrong information.

In [1] the first test does not commit and is backed by a RAMDirectory
shared by the reader and writer. Does that mean that Lucene natively only
supports NRT inside a single JVM, and if the JVM dies anything not hard
committed (if the RAMDirectory was backed by a FileDirectory) would be lost
or is recovery of soft commits and pre-soft commits now handled
automatically in Lucene4.

Last time I looked at the source code was shortly before Lucene 4.0 was
released which was some years back.

Best Regards
Ian