Hello,

I prepared a prototype for the Azure-based Segment Store, which allows to
persist all the SegmentMK-related resources (segments, journal, manifest, etc.)
on a remote service, namely the Azure Blob Storage [1]. The whole description
of the approach, data structure, etc. as well as the patch can be found in
OAK-6922. It uses the extension points introduced in the OAK-6921.

While it’s still an experimental code, I’d like to commit it to trunk rather
sooner than later. The patch is already pretty big and I’d like to avoid
developing it “privately” on my own branch. It’s a new, optional Maven module,
which doesn’t change any existing behaviour of Oak or SegmentMK. The only
change it makes externally is adding a few exports to the oak-segment-tar, so
it can use the SPI introduced in the OAK-6921. We may narrow these exports to a
single package if you think it’d be good for the encapsulation.

There’s a related issue OAK-7297, which introduces the new fixture for
benchmark and ITs. After merging it, all the Oak integration tests pass on the
Azure Segment Store.

Looking forward for the feedback.

Regards,
Tomek