Hi Ian,

> On 5 Mar 2018, at 17:47, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> I assume that the patch deals with the 50K limit[1] to the number of blocks
> per Azure Blob store ?

As far as I understand, it’s the limit that applies to the number of blocks in
a single blob. Block is a single write. Since the segments are immutable
(written at once), we don’t need to worry about this limit for the segments.
It’s a different case for the journal file - a single commit leads to a single
append which adds a block. However, the patch takes care of this, by creating
journal.log.001, .002, when we’re close to the limit [1].

Tomek Rękawek | Adobe Research | www.adobe.com