Hi All

After a bit of activity in October, sadly things in ODF Toolkit seem to have quietened down a bit. Based on the feedback from the IPMC and the board on the missed October report, ODF Toolkit is currently very close to being retired as a podling. It's make or break time!

So, first big question - is there any interest in keeping the project going? Or should we just say "nice idea, shame it didn't work", pack up and leave?

If there is interest, then things need to happen! I think we can probably all agree that ODF Toolkit isn't going to generate enough activity and community in the next few months to make it to a TLP, but potentially could do enough to be adopted by an existing TLP. No TLP will take on orphan codebase though, they'll need to see a working and growing community before they consider it.

If people do want to keep the project going, some things are needed from everyone!
 * New release - Nothing for nearly 1.5 years looks bad
 * Bug fixes - Let's include something in that release!
 * Website - More information needed to help get new users started, more
   examples, more use-cases etc
 * Patches - are there any in JIRA? If so, can they get applied? Or at
   least feedback given?
 * Bugs - have they been triarged? Have the right questions for more
   information been asked? Do they have unit tests?
 * Plans - what else needs doing for the code? What areas could new
   contributors work on? Is there the information they need to get
   started? Are there bugs that new people could work on?

Finally, the big one - new code. I heard rumours of new features happening elsewhere. Does that still exist? Can that code be brought back? What can be done to stop external hidden forks developing in future?

Doing nothing is not an option - the project will be retired soon if nothing changes. So, it's make or break time, and that means all of you in the community need to do something while you still can!

Nick
(With a Mentor hat on)