On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 09:43:25AM -0800, Adam Perry wrote:
>    Okay, I've gotten a chance to play around with slices now. I have seen
>    them, and they are good. A couple new questions, though:
>
>    1. I've got a sprite on screen. boss := load large enemy sprite(3), then I
>    place it somewhere. How do I animate it? Is it okay to say boss := load
>    large enemy sprite(4)? That seems wrong and bad. Do I need to free that
>    slice then load the new sprite? (Sorry if "load large enemy sprite" isn't
>    the correct command. Pretend it is.)

Check out "replace large enemy sprite". There is a "replace" equivalent
to each "load * sprite" command.

>    2. Is there any way to anchor the sprite to the map instead of the screen?
>    Right now, I'm placing it every cycle at (boss x -- camera pixel x, boss y
>    -- camera pixel y). Functional, but presents a few issues (such as when I
>    later use "focus camera").

Not yet, but that will become available when I get around to converting
map layers to slices

>    Thanks again! This feature is great.

I'm glad you like it! Let me know if you have any more
questions, or any suggestiosn for making it easier to use.

---
James