If I recall correctly, at one point I had created a short definition for
each term on the edit page. I can't find it, but could re-create it. The
idea was that someone editing could have a mouse-over explanation of the
meaning of the term. I think this would be helpful, and obviously anyone
not wanting to know could simply not mouse-over. (The OL director at
that time was strongly against any "rules" for editing. I think there is
a difference between a definition and rules, but I lost that battle.)

Should I go ahead with this? It would have to be a wiki document for
now, since we don't have a way to add it to the edit page, but at least
it would be preparation for such a facility.

There are, however, things I don't know, such as what the software does
with, say, hyphens in ISBNs, but I could call out those questions and we
could work on them.

kc

Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net