There are views of the mentors which we need to weight heavily. There are the views of the PPMC members actually doing the work -- me and the 5 other PPMC members doing the work -- which as far as I understand also carry some weight, and then there are the views of other PPMC non-involved members.

As far as I can see the forums can do everything that the ASF, the mentors, the people doing the work and the broad consensus of PPMC member seem to want.

We have one PPMC non-involved member ranting away on his own agenda, and who refuses even to look at or to talk to the people running forums. As there any reason under Apache rules why I shouldn't do anything other than ignore this view as an aberrant outrider?

Rob, engage with the people. Understand what they do. Read what the Mentors have said. And try to be constructive. Then perhaps I will respond. In the meantime I will complete this work.

I would really prefer it if you would focus on telling the developers how what there policies and guidelines should be for developing code, which would be just as relevant here.

Regards Terry