On 9/23/11 2:55 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

I am not recognizing in my mind which service packs are available for which Windows version. I am only repeating Martin here thinking that SP2 was the latest SP for Win XP. Thus, no reason special reason for Win XP SP2. My opinion is that we should always rely on the most updated version of an operating system which we want to support. Thus, for Windows XP it should be Win XP SP3, if this is the most updated version.

Well... Sp3 has a nasty side effect. You might remember that MS introduced a change that made desktops black for software that they considered as not original.

Sp2is still widely used and installed in low specs computers in developing countries where no licensed copies of MS exist (and where the use of unlicensed copies of software is not illegal). These computers are a part of OOo's market.

In any case, I do not think that SP2 and SP3 will be very different.

Cheers,

Javier