Am 09/27/2011 08:58 PM, schrieb Jean-Philippe MENGUAL:

Hi Jean-Philippe,

As ordinary blind user, I work very much to promote OOo and
accessibility free software for blind people. The current problem is
that public administrations, in France, choose OOo, but blind people are

thanks a lot for your effort to promote OOo. :-)

complaining, as they consider it's not perfectly accessible with NVDA
(Free screen reader for Windows). And migrating to Linux isn't always
easy in a network (active directory features, ...).

However, IBM Symphony works fine. My problem is that's not a really free
software. Nethertheless, IBM, according I was told, gave to the Apache
Foundation Iaccessible2, which is the code which enables Symphony to be
perfectly accessible with NVDA.

That's correct.

Could someone study Iaccessible2 and integrate it in OOo? It'd be great
if OOo could be accessible with NVDA in the next stable releases. As no
developper, I'd appreciate if you could tell me when it's integrated, if
someone accepts to do it.

I don't know if it's already completely arrived or if there are still some things to fix before it can be integrated into the code. However, we are really working on taking advantage of the IA2 technology. Maybe Rob can say more about the current status.

It's very unlikely that it will be part of the first AOO release because of this and nobody knows the side effects that could occur. So, IMHO expect it not for the coming release but for the following one.

HTH

Marcus