As said by several ones, let the code speak...
As long as there is no release, it will be too easy to say: "look, there is nothing
concrete yet after so many months of incubation".

What would be the metrics to measure all these figures? To compare with what?
How much energy put into this for what result?

The best answer IMHO is a stable release, focused on quality first.
And with as less negative impact for users as possible (like what, extensions
maybe?).

Hagar