On 22/03/2012 Pedro Giffuni wrote:
On 03/22/12 13:16, Claudio Filho wrote:
We could work in the same model, giving the chance for all in register
in Pootle under this condition - he agree that all translation's
contributions are licensed under Apache's License - giving the
"translator" profile. If this volunteer agrees with the sign of iCLA,
can be promoted to committer and follows the normal "climb" if this is
his wish. The same can be used in the wiki pages.
Yes. Actually item 5 of the AL2 is very supportive of this scheme.

This seems a very reasonable approach.

we got permission
to bundle dictionaries even if they are GPLd but we won't keep them
in the base tree. ...
On the longer term we will probably try to use the dictionaries
provided by the platform (Windows 8- MacOS X at least)

At first glance, I wouldn't say this is a feasible long-term solution (I haven't checked, but we would need dictionaries and thesauri and hyphenation patterns); anyway we will have time to discuss this once OpenOffice 3.4 has been released!

Regards,
  Andrea.