Hi again;

On 03/22/12 18:36, Claudio Filho wrote:
Hi

In any case, due to the setup that we have, a committer will
have to take care of reviewing and making the contributions
effective. All committers sign iCLAs: signing an iCLA should
be seen as a step towards getting deeper involvement in
the project but not a block from contributing.
I understand exactly in this way, but what I have not seen was a place
in Pootle or wiki where shows this points. At Pootle, i agree that is
necessary a commiter to revise all contributions, from anonymous or
registered volunteers.

For anonymous, ok, but i think that i lost the discussion about
*registered* volunteers in Pootle. Can Apache open a new profile there
for who wish enter in the system and to start his contributions
logging as his work?
Please understand that the pootle server has not been up
for too long and we still don't have a procedure for almost
anything. This is something we will have to think about and
discuss with the infra guys.

Well, for pt-BR commiter in pootle, can i be this person? I received
this email from Apache. =)

------
Dear Claudio Filho,

This message acknowledges receipt of your ICLA, which has been filed
in the Apache Software Foundation records.

If you have been invited as a committer, please advise the project PMC
that your ICLA has been filed.

Warm Regards,

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
------

That means you submitted an iCLA. Becoming a committer is
a process. Don't tell anyone but the big secret is that to be
invited to become a committer you have to have a record of
contributions such that another committer will start a
discussion and later a private vote in the PPMC. Once voted
you may be asked to become a committer and maybe also
a PPMC member.

This was solved this for the short term already: we got permission
to bundle dictionaries even if they are GPLd but we won't keep them
in the base tree. This is actually consistent since the dictionaries are
developed outside of the Apache Project.
Humm... sorry, but maybe i can't understand this point in a practical
question. You say that when we will release our binaries will can have
this dictionaries under [L]GPL embedded?!?

What i understand is that the *final user* need to download and to
install this dictionaries as extension and not embedded in the
package.

We got permission to *bundle* them. I am unsure if that means
they will go in the same binary tarball or if they will be available
independently packaged in the same server.

On the longer term we will probably try to use the dictionaries
provided by the platform (Windows 8- MacOS X at least)
humm.. (again) :-)

I think that we can do a simple web system and collect contributions
to rebuild this tools under bsd/mit/apache license, so can be used in
*any* project.

I would like to see the "simple" part of it ;). There is a new Apache
TLP:

http://opennlp.apache.org/

Maybe they can give us ideas to make much more intelligent
dictionaries. There's just a lot to do.

Pedro.