Hi Claudio;

On 03/22/12 13:16, Claudio Filho wrote:
Hi

We could work in the same model, giving the chance for all in register
in Pootle under this condition - he agree that all translation's
contributions are licensed under Apache's License - giving the
"translator" profile. If this volunteer agrees with the sign of iCLA,
can be promoted to committer and follows the normal "climb" if this is
his wish. The same can be used in the wiki pages.

Yes. Actually item 5 of the AL2 is very supportive of this scheme.

This step can save us of legal problems and rationalize the process,
giving for us more agility inside our process. What you think? And our
Apache's mentors?

With this care, we can receive (more) easily this new
volunteers/contributions in a legal way, and recognize/track all
contributions.

In any case, due to the setup that we have, a committer will
have to take care of reviewing and making the contributions
effective. All committers sign iCLAs: signing an iCLA should
be seen as a step towards getting deeper involvement in
the project but not a block from contributing.

I think this questions is important to maintain this project as an
all, and looking others problems (arriving), like spellchekers,
thesaurus, and others language tools that (how it was developed in
GPL/LGPL mode for attempt OOo, and after LibO) will be necessary to be
remade under Apache. Is the case of all pt-BR tools, what will hinder
the adoption of AOO here. :-/

This was solved this for the short term already: we got permission
to bundle dictionaries even if they are GPLd but we won't keep them
in the base tree. This is actually consistent since the dictionaries are
developed outside of the Apache Project.

On the longer term we will probably try to use the dictionaries
provided by the platform (Windows 8- MacOS X at least)

Pedro.