Reviewing the June report I have this to offer for September:

A. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT

This says there were 13 new Committers/PPMC members and 2 committer/PPMC member
resignations.  I don't track resignations, and I think it is best to show the
baseline (or resulting levels) of those changes.  I am assuming that my June 5,
2012 Status was the basis for the numbers in the June 8 report to the IPMC and
Board.

Comparing that with the report from yesterday, I would say that

"There are now 110 committers with 72 of those on the PPMC.  Relative to the
last report, that is an increase of 15 committers and a decrease of 3
committers on the PPMC (following an audit to reconcile subscribers to the
ooo-private mailing list)."

Now the numbers are grounded and the baseline here makes the derivation of
details in a further report easy to substantiate.

B. A DIFFERENT OVERSIGHT

It is stunning that of all the matters that it might be thought the Board might
need to be aware of (whether or not called to act on) the only one I've ever
noticed is the June statement about leaks from the ooo-private list to "outside
agencies".

Along with that June issue, there is our promise to provide an update in the
next report (this one in September 2012) or at least indicate that an update
was provided separately.  The current draft simply removes any evidence that
this issue was raised.  I suggest that there needs to be accountability and
closure on our part.

I paid little attention to that issue.  I would suggest that the single leak
was identified and the matter has been closed to the satisfaction of the PPMC.

 - Dennis