On 10/14/12, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:
>> Please write an example on the page, not just throw the XML file doing
>> something as simple as
>> <consultant>
>> <company>Your company</company>
>> <address>foo street at disneyland</address>
>> <website>http://www.yourcompany.com</website>
>> </consultant>
>>

> There is an entire file of real examples linked to from that page:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/bizdev/consultants/consultants.xml

My point exactly. I would rather see this shown as HTML/ASCII, the XML
dump is not bad but usually end up in  hard to read spew of data that
non-technical users can't understand what happened.

>> Would go a long way, the instructions look a bit too technical for
>> regular users. Even if we assume this are technical people, we should
>> think this is being applied by the marketing intern used to facebook.
>>
>> I would even suggest doing an XForm to generate this XML and spew it
>> on a texboard with a copy-paste this on your email.
>>

> Patches are welcome.

Here is an XForm sample:
<xforms>
<model>
<instance>
  <person>
    <fname/>
    <lname/>
  </person>
</instance>
<submission id="form1"
action="submit.asp"
method="get"/>
</model>
</xforms>

>> Specially consider the speciality would be all over the place as a
>> freeform XML.
>>

> In the current form it is restricted to enumerated values.  This list

Oh there is a form, I most have missed that.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice