On 16.09.2018 11:30, P.O. Jonsson wrote:
... cut ...
> Regarding the performance I think that would need to be treated in another
> thread. I have created
> a LOT of various builds, also comparing with builds from bsf4ooRexx. I have
> had different builds
> from the same build date testeds where one build reports a tenfold speed over
> the other when you
> run rexxcps.rex. However, using both builds to run real programs (rather
> complex and running for a
> longer time) the „slower“ build performs 20-30% BETTER than the „faster“ one,
> so on MAC
> rexxcps.rex is not conclusive. I suggest to open up a new thread for that
> discussion later, I have
> observed is so many times and on at least 3 different machines that it can
> not be just me messing
> it up. I guess one needs to compare library versions and compiler options but
> later, ok? Getting
> an installer is more important.
... cut ...

This may have to do with rxapi on MacOSX to have to be started over and over
again.

In the past years problems with the rxapi plist file on MacOSX have been
pointed out repeatedly e.g.
cf. the mailing threads with CVBruce's posting on 2010-12-24 who also later
pointed at the core
problem on MacOSX cf. CVBruce's posting on 2011-02-20. In this posting (seven
years ago by now)
Bruce reported at having written a work-around for that problem for rxapi on
MacOSX modelled after
the work around put in place for AIX, but was told that someone would rewrite
it later.

If I am not mistaken, the ooRexx CMake file causes an
"org.rexxla.oorexx.rxapid.plist" to be used
that points to "/usr/bin/rxapi" whereas the official location (after Apple
banned any non-system and
non-Apple software to be installed into "/usr/bin") should be probably
"/usr/local/bin/rxapi" instead.

---

In any case this MacOSX rxapi problem should be addressed once ooRexx 5.0 went
GA.

HTH,

---rony