Hi,

I think it has some challenges also. One of these is that some Evergreen users customize their installs. You can always say "oh, then they have to modify their links to go to different docs too." I'd want to hear from community members that might affect.
Yes, that was my first reaction. If we had links to documentation in the client, then I would want a setting allowing sites to customize the URL that is used. There are many features / settings in Evergreen that may not be available to our libraries due to policy. I would want them to access documentation specific to their implementation of Evergreen.

Related to Don's third bullet point, I also wanted to throw in a comment that we do have something called field documentation available for the patron editor that I think could be expanded to other interfaces in the client. However, it takes a bit of work to configure field documentation. More information is available at http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.1/html/fielddocumentation.html The docs are from 2.1, but my recollection is that the field documentation in the web client displays the same way as it did in the old client.

Kathy