On 28 Apr 2009 at 7:10, HIMANSHU wrote:

> One more question analogues to this.
>
> Suppose I login to 1st target from machine 30.12,it was having node
> authentication.so I saved its credentials in iscsid.conf and then I
> fired the discovery command followed by login command.It was
> successful and those credentials also got stored in nodes and
> send_targets.
>
> Then if I want to login to 2nd target which is also having node
> authentication from same machine,I am overwriting same iscsid.conf
> file.So I am loosing my previous credentials from iscsid.conf.Also
> after discovery,I am loosing previous target information from nodes
> and send_targets.

Hi,

I'm no expert, but I think the credentials are stored per node/target in the
"iSCSI database" (like /etc/iscsi/send_targets/* and /etc/iscsi/nodes/*/*).
/etc/iscsi.conf just has the defaults. Probably it would be better to never
touch
the iscsid.conf, but provide auth information when discovering targets or
loggin
in to nodes/targets. However then the "secrets" would be on the command line
(and
process list, etc).

[...]

Regards,