Hi

First of all, thanks for your attention.

> I do not think we have seen this problem before.

Yes, that was my impression too. I did extensive searching before i
posted, in addition
to reading large parts of the list-archives.

> Can upload  the logs here:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/open-iscsi/files

I did the upload. The file is called "iscsid.openiscsi.log". Note,
that i replaced all password-instances with a
string of shorter length. The password-length reported does therefore
not match the length of the password shown. The size is correct wrt
the original password, though.
The iscid crashes with the output to stderr shown in my inital post.
The log ends as given in the file with the "Releasing session" entry.

> There is one report that is close to this. In the boot code we have a
> segfault around the same place but the conditions are a little different
> since we are not logging out.

It happens on login and/or logout.

If you need any assistance in testing or any further information, feel
free to contact me. I will stop by this list, as regular, as I can.

The "quick&dirty" fix I currently use, is to comment-out the
iscsi_conn_context_free and free(session) calls in session_release. Of
course, this introduces a memory-leak at every logout/login cylce, but
at least iscsid does not crash anymore.
Of course, I'd rather prefer a real fix :)

Regards, Thomas Weyergraf