On 07/24/2009 01:05 PM, Joris wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> In the meantime i've kind of got it to work but i feel like acting
> blind.
>
> I've not followed any of the steps i've found in the documentation
> across the web.
>
> Instead i've used
>
> 1. iscsistart ....

How did you run iscsistart?

iscsistart is only used for boot in the initramfs. It does not have any
error handling, so if you only use this and something like a switch dies
then you are dead.

> 2. partitioned the newly created device
>
> mounted it and that's it
>
> Now i wonder what's going on if this demands such an exception.
>
> - - - requested output, credentials obfuscated ---
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T mytarget -p 11.22.33.44
> # BEGIN RECORD 2.0-868
> node.name = mytarget
> node.tpgt = -1
> node.startup = manual
> iface.hwaddress = default
> iface.iscsi_ifacename = default
> iface.net_ifacename = default
> iface.transport_name = tcp
> node.discovery_address =<empty>
> node.discovery_port = 0
> node.discovery_type = static
> node.session.initial_cmdsn = 0
> node.session.initial_login_retry_max = 2
> node.session.cmds_max = 128
> node.session.queue_depth = 32
> node.session.auth.authmethod = CHAP
> node.session.auth.username = myusername
> node.session.auth.password = ********
> node.session.auth.username_in = myusername
> node.session.auth.password_in = ********
> node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 120
> node.session.err_timeo.abort_timeout = 15
> node.session.err_timeo.lu_reset_timeout = 30
> node.session.err_timeo.host_reset_timeout = 60
> node.session.iscsi.FastAbort = Yes
> node.session.iscsi.InitialR2T = Yes
> node.session.iscsi.ImmediateData = Yes
> node.session.iscsi.FirstBurstLength = 262144
> node.session.iscsi.MaxBurstLength = 16776192
> node.session.iscsi.DefaultTime2Retain = 0
> node.session.iscsi.DefaultTime2Wait = 2
> node.session.iscsi.MaxConnections = 1
> node.session.iscsi.MaxOutstandingR2T = 1
> node.session.iscsi.ERL = 0
> node.conn[0].address = 11.22.33.44
> node.conn[0].port = 3260
> node.conn[0].startup = manual
> node.conn[0].tcp.window_size = 524288
> node.conn[0].tcp.type_of_service = 0
> node.conn[0].timeo.logout_timeout = 15
> node.conn[0].timeo.login_timeout = 15
> node.conn[0].timeo.auth_timeout = 45
> node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 5
> node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 5
> node.conn[0].iscsi.MaxRecvDataSegmentLength = 131072
> node.conn[0].iscsi.HeaderDigest = None,CRC32C
> node.conn[0].iscsi.IFMarker = No
> node.conn[0].iscsi.OFMarker = No
> # END RECORD

I would really try to find the root problem. Try the newer tools and
give me the full error message in /var/log/messages.