Hi Mike,

Thanks for the follow-up.

On 27 jul, 23:29, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> On 07/24/2009 01:05 PM, Joris wrote:
>
> > Hi Mike,
>
> > In the meantime i've kind of got it to work but i feel like acting
> > blind.
>
> > I've not followed any of the steps i've found in the documentation
> > across the web.
>
> > Instead i've used
>
> > 1. iscsistart ....
>
> How did you run iscsistart?
>
> iscsistart is only used for boot in the initramfs. It does not have any
> error handling, so if you only use this and something like a switch dies
> then you are dead.

Apparently this set-up hangs a server on reboot.

> > 2. partitioned the newly created device
>
> > mounted it and that's it
>
> > Now i wonder what's going on if this demands such an exception.
>
> > - - - requested output, credentials obfuscated ---
>
> > iscsiadm -m node -T mytarget -p 11.22.33.44
> > # BEGIN RECORD 2.0-868
> > node.name = mytarget
> > node.tpgt = -1
> > node.startup = manual
> > iface.hwaddress = default
> > iface.iscsi_ifacename = default
> > iface.net_ifacename = default
> > iface.transport_name = tcp
> > node.discovery_address =<empty>
> > node.discovery_port = 0
> > node.discovery_type = static
> > node.session.initial_cmdsn = 0
> > node.session.initial_login_retry_max = 2
> > node.session.cmds_max = 128
> > node.session.queue_depth = 32
> > node.session.auth.authmethod = CHAP
> > node.session.auth.username = myusername
> > node.session.auth.password = ********
> > node.session.auth.username_in = myusername
> > node.session.auth.password_in = ********
> > node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 120
> > node.session.err_timeo.abort_timeout = 15
> > node.session.err_timeo.lu_reset_timeout = 30
> > node.session.err_timeo.host_reset_timeout = 60
> > node.session.iscsi.FastAbort = Yes
> > node.session.iscsi.InitialR2T = Yes
> > node.session.iscsi.ImmediateData = Yes
> > node.session.iscsi.FirstBurstLength = 262144
> > node.session.iscsi.MaxBurstLength = 16776192
> > node.session.iscsi.DefaultTime2Retain = 0
> > node.session.iscsi.DefaultTime2Wait = 2
> > node.session.iscsi.MaxConnections = 1
> > node.session.iscsi.MaxOutstandingR2T = 1
> > node.session.iscsi.ERL = 0
> > node.conn[0].address = 11.22.33.44
> > node.conn[0].port = 3260
> > node.conn[0].startup = manual
> > node.conn[0].tcp.window_size = 524288
> > node.conn[0].tcp.type_of_service = 0
> > node.conn[0].timeo.logout_timeout = 15
> > node.conn[0].timeo.login_timeout = 15
> > node.conn[0].timeo.auth_timeout = 45
> > node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 5
> > node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 5
> > node.conn[0].iscsi.MaxRecvDataSegmentLength = 131072
> > node.conn[0].iscsi.HeaderDigest = None,CRC32C
> > node.conn[0].iscsi.IFMarker = No
> > node.conn[0].iscsi.OFMarker = No
> > # END RECORD
>
> I would really try to find the root problem. Try the newer tools and
> give me the full error message in /var/log/messages.

the newer tools never work for me.

The session can not be removed whatever i try. I'll try to give full
detail regarding asap.

Is there no way at all to kill an initiator session manually ? One
must be able to reset a session from the client side i figure.

It is quite frustrating there's so little to read on open-iscsi and
it's behaviour, besides the RFC that is.