Clint wrote:
> Going to try to replay to this again...
>
> I am stopped now with a message "12 - iSCSI driver not found"  I
> performed the yum install of the iscsi-initiator-utils and service
> iscsi starts clean with the only message of "No records found!"

That just means you have not run the discovery command yet or there were
not targets found when you run it. It is ok.

> Here is what I have on boot now:
>
> [r...@iscsi ~]# service iscsi status
> iscsid (pid 1387 1386) is running...
> [r...@iscsi ~]# iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p 192.168.100.4
> 192.168.100.4:3260,1 iqn.1986-03.com.hp:storage.msa2012i.0824d5872b.a
> 192.168.100.5:3260,2 iqn.1986-03.com.hp:storage.msa2012i.0824d5872b.a
> [r...@iscsi ~]# iscsiadm -m node -l
> Logging in to [iface: default, target: iqn.
> 1986-03.com.hp:storage.msa2012i.0824d5872b.a, portal:
> 192.168.100.4,3260]
> Logging in to [iface: default, target: iqn.
> 1986-03.com.hp:storage.msa2012i.0824d5872b.a, portal:
> 192.168.100.5,3260]
> iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: default, target: iqn.
> 1986-03.com.hp:storage.msa2012i.0824d5872b.a, portal:
> 192.168.100.4,3260]:
> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (12 - iSCSI driver not found.
> Please make sure it is loaded, and retry the operation)
> iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: default, target: iqn.
> 1986-03.com.hp:storage.msa2012i.0824d5872b.a, portal:
> 192.168.100.5,3260]:
> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (12 - iSCSI driver not found.
> Please make sure it is loaded, and retry the operation)
> [r...@iscsi ~]# iscsiadm -m session
> iscsiadm: No active sessions.
>
> Listing what is loaded....
>
> lsmod | grep iscsi
> libiscsi               43148  0
> scsi_transport_iscsi    35212  2 libiscsi
> scsi_mod              141589  9
> libiscsi,scsi_transport_iscsi,scsi_dh,libata,sg,mptspi,mptscsih,scsi_transport_spi,
>
> I am still wondering about iscsi_tcp which won't load and if that is
> the driver that is missing.

Yeah, iscsi_tcp is what you need.

It is strange that libiscsi and scsi_transport_iscsi got loaded but
iscsi_tcp did not.

You can do

modprobe iscsi_tcp

manually to load it. If you run that command do you then see iscsi_tcp
when you run lsmod?