On Mar 28, 2007, at 7:54 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

One thing that I would like to see happen prior to 0.9.7 is a change to
the build artifacts so that we don't have '-project' or '-all' tacked
onto the releases everywhere.

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-194 for this and assigned it to myself.

Also, we might want to think about other bundlings, such as creating a
single jar with all dependencies,

I'm not all that keen on merging other project's jars into a single monolithic jar. I think people expect that component-oriented software is going to have various required and optional dependencies.

I feel that monolithic jar bundling is more appropriate for an application, rather than for a component.

or a download that includes docs. What do you guys think?

The binary assembly is meant to include the docs (and did on past releases). I notice that they are absent from recent snapshots, though. I'll try to figure out why that is.

-Patrick