> > Also, we might want to think about other bundlings, such as
> creating a
> > single jar with all dependencies,
>
> I'm not all that keen on merging other project's jars into a single
> monolithic jar. I think people expect that component-oriented
> software is going to have various required and optional dependencies.
>
> I feel that monolithic jar bundling is more appropriate for an
> application, rather than for a component.

I agree, but I know that others disagree, and I don't see any reason why
one is necessarily more right than another. The cost to us of having a
separate jar / distro seems low, and if it helps with adoption, I don't
see a downside.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.

by email and then delete it.

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.