Thanks Stephan,
I'm relatively new to handling OpenAFS.  Are these problems part of a
normal "kernel release; openafs update" cycle and perhaps I'm getting
snagged just by being too early of an adopter?  I wanted to raise the alarm
on this and see if anything else was needed from me as the reporter of the
issue, but perhaps that's an overreaction to what is just part of a normal
process I just haven't been tuned into in prior RHEL release cycles?

Should I try to get an account set up at http://rt.central.org and file a
bug?

Thanks!
 - Kodiak