While additional data points are obviously most welcome, there is no
expectation that this issue is fixed with 1.6.22.x or 1.8.x right now. Some
serious work will be required to adapt OpenAFS to the changes in this kernel
(series), though there's some hope that it won't be quite as hard to fix as the
7.4 getcwd issue.

- Stephan