On 1/10/20 3:33 PM, Alexander Gabriel wrote:
It doesn't look like I can add the variables using an optional argument:

It would be strange if such argument hasn't been ported. Any idea about that Vitaly (or someone else)?

I have no idea what the trace_as and control_as are used for.

You can provide an atomspace, trace_as, to save the trace of the reasoning process, that are all attempts, failed and successful to reach the target. This data can then be used to learn control rules to speed up reasoning next time you perform inference in a similar domain. Such control rules may be stored on a separate control atomspace.

BTW, the same atomspace can be used for rules, knowledge base, trace and control, but it may be more convenient to use separate atomspaces.

See

https://github.com/opencog/pln/tree/master/examples/pln/inference-control-learning

for an example of such inference control meta-learning (it crashes BTW, I'm fixing it right now).

Nil

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "opencog" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opencog+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:opencog+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/bae9200b-697b-4235-a57c-12322bcc29bc%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/bae9200b-697b-4235-a57c-12322bcc29bc%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.