On 06/12/2010 10:36, Olof Torgersson wrote:
> 5 dec 2010 kl. 18.04 skrev Thomas Beale:
>

> Returning to the original topic of what should go into a template, I
> would say that this statement supports that template should not
> contain GUI-directives, but that such information should go into a
> special visualization layer?

Yes. Visualisation / GUI hints could be written on a per-form basis,
probably 1:1 or maybe 1:N with respect to templates, and could use
archetype paths, same as in AQL to reference things. E.g. it could have
statements logically like:

id = <"some form id">
templates = <"template 1", "template 2">
structure = <
     [1] = (VBOX) <
         [1] = (HBOX) <
             location = <
                 x = <>
                 y = <>

             controls = <
                 [1] =
<text_and_coded_text_control(*//[diagnosis_archetype_id]/path/to/diagnosis*)>
                 [2] = etc

         [2] = (HBOX) <
             controls = <
                 [1] =
<some_other_control(*//**[some_other_archetype_id]/**some/other[at0003]/path[at0012]*)>

         [3] = (VBOX) <
             etc

         etc

I just made this up in dADL, the real thing will be in some XML format,
the point is to use archetype paths, and also potentially to have a way
of mapping back from archetype/template paths to locations in the visual
structure. In the above, the archetype path
*[diagnosis_archetype_id]/path/to/diagnosis* is at
*/structure[1][1]/controls[1]* in the specification structure, which is
a *text_and_coded_text_control*. You might also map a complex custom
built control that captures 4 or 5 commonly grouped data elements, to a
non-terminal path within a template structure.

Please note: I am just thinking out aloud here, and a working 'GUI
hints' language / file format will no doubt look completely different.

- thomas

*
*