On 06/12/2010 21:06, Koray Atalag wrote:

> For us this was a no brainer because I think ALL pure GUI stuff should go to
> Templates. I have explained my reasoning in a previous message but shortly
> archetypes and templates are all about information capture and validation
> (i.e. which data items, their organisation, and basic constraints for
> validation). Real world semantics are delegated to terminology (i.e. heart
> murmur IS-A symptom of heart disease or cardia is PART-OF stomach etc). I
> think we need to keep archetypes fairly pure and generic with large scale
> interoperability in mind. However templates provide all the convenience
> needed otherwise.
>
> I strongly believe we do_not_need another layer of modelling for GUI because
> referring back to my definition of clinical models, these are to do with
> information capture and validation...

Only one problem with this reasoning: templates are often used for
things other than the GUI, e.g. messages. In the future, they will end
up being used for reports as well. In general, I believe the openEHR
template will be an artefact defining a specific data set (including
optionality where needed), and auxiliary artefacts will always be needed
to connect that definition to its target technology: a specific kind of
GUI form, message infrastructure or relational mapping or querying
environment

- thomas

*
*