Re: translating the openEHR website - Also a localised content?
From:
"Gunnar Klein, NTNU" <gunnar.klein at ntnu.no>
Date:
17/12/2012 16:47

To:
<openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org>

Dear Tom and other techies,

A wonderful idea with translated content and the general work flow
described sounds feasible to me. However, I think it would make sense
not to require the various non English language sites to follow exactly
the master openEHR. Firstly, because it would make sense to launch some
content in several languages before everything is translated, and in
several cases I think all the content will never be translated, some of
the technical stuff will be better read in original English in some
countries. However, the "LOCALISED" openEHR web pages may also contain
material that relates to national work, in particular of course as
directly related to openEHR implementations. Documents may be uploaded
in various languages with content that it will not always make sense to
translate.

Regarding the excellent Japanese initiative, I suggest they should be
offered to move the content to the main site but with the openEHR.jp as
a pointing entry. Such sites may be establsiehed in other countries also
but I think they shall generally not have there own content but be
pointers to the openEHR.org. Especially where the same language is used
in several countries and continents it may be a complicated
proliferation which in one sense is welcome. An offer to one person or a
small group of 2-3 persons per geographical area to work directly with
the openEHR international site makes sense to maintain some control over
content of the foundation content.

Best regards

Gunnar