From: openehr-technical-boun...@openehr.org
[mailto:openehr-technical-bounces at openehr.org] On Behalf Of David Moner
Sent: Thursday, 26 January 2012 9:16 AM
To: For openEHR technical discussions
Subject: Re: pass_through attribute in ADL 1.5

2012/1/25 Thomas Beale <thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com>

Maybe another way of understanding this flag is as 'this node can be skipped
without loss of meaning'. I would be very interested to know if we should
make AQL queries sensitive to this flag. Has anyone thought about that?

In this sense I can see the reason for this attribute, since it can be
understood as part of the documentation of the clinical model. But
definitely it is not clearly described at the specs since there it seems to
be linked to the presentation template only.

I fact, there is a similar attribute in EN13606 ITEM class, but used in an
opposite sense. The attribute is "emphasis" and it is described as "A way of
denoting that the composer wished to mark this ITEM as being of particular
note (an unusual measurement value, an unexpected outcome, anything that
might be considered necessary to highlight to a future reader)."

I have never thought about this. I don't know if this kind of annotations
("this item is important or clinically relevant or not") better fits as part
of the RM or part of the AOM. In other words, if this marker is related to a
specific data instance or to a data item definition in an archetype.

Thoughts on this?

--
David Moner Cano
Grupo de Inform?tica Biom?dica - IBIME

Universidad Polit?cnica de Valencia (UPV)
Camino de Vera, s/n, Edificio G-8, Acceso B, 3? planta
Valencia ? 46022 (Espa?a)