Hi Pablo,

If I understand correctly, the pass_through attribute is only for data
displaying on a screen (as you mention the use for data grouping or
collapsing). If that's right, I don't think that should be part of the
generic template structure, because templates are meant to represent other
elements than data views/GUI, like messages, reports, etc.

No, that is not what I are saying.  I are saying it can be used for more
than display purposes such as data views, messages, reports etc.

As you mention " screen layout and binding are consistent with the XML
schema or class it will bind to" I feel maybe this is a little attached to
Oceans implementation, e.g. in our implementaition we don't have binding
with XML Schemas .

Ocean doesn't bind to XML schema either, I used this as an example of why
you may want to ensure your presentation view is consistent with a data view
derived from the same template artefact.

The use of the annotation-like structure for view directives allows us to
separate these kind of directives from true annotations and the data
definition itself whilst providing flexibility for specifying a set of
directives that we know of now but may improve on later such as
pass_through, add to in the future, and also use in local environments.  We
need to remember that templates where intended for local use cases but are
now also becoming important at jurisdictional levels for shared use.

I don't believe that pass_through should be hard coded into the AOM.  It
should be in a more generic framework such as that I proposed in my previous
email.

Heath