you'll expect next nodes to be CObjects).

--
Kind regards,
Eng. Pablo Pazos Guti?rrez

From: dam...@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:27:39 +0200
Subject: Re: Polishing node identifier (at-codes) use cases.
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org

2013/8/29 Thomas Beale <thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com>

    well the idea here has always been, and remains justified today:

      an archetype-local definition in words for the meaning of the
        node is needed, because this says _exactly_ what the designers
        intended
      those meanings are given by domain experts, and (with some
        review, QA process) will be as good as any linguistic definition
        in any ontology or terminology (probably better, because they
        are specific to the case at hand)

      if we are lucky enough to find some code that matches, or
        approximately describes the same thing in an ontology and/or
        SNOMED CT / LOINC etc, then we can add those bindings

    If we were only allowed to define nodes for which matching codes
      can be found in OBO, SNOMED or other supposedly reliable places,
      then we would have no chance of building anything but the most
      meagre archetypes, and no ability to build semantically enabled
      health information systems.

    I don't know of any facts that would contradict this
      long-standing position today...

I'm not contradicting those positions, which I agree, I'm just saying that this
is a very subjective topic, dependant on the context of use, the availability
of some resources (e.g terminological codes) and many other factors. So, we can
all do our best but it will be very difficult to have rules that guide which
nodes of the archetype have to be identified just based on a structural matter
(the rules you asked for).

--
David Moner Cano
Grupo de Inform?tica Biom?dica - IBIME

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidmoner

Universidad Polit?cnica de Valencia (UPV)
Camino de Vera, s/n, Edificio G-8, Acceso B, 3? planta
Valencia ? 46022 (Espa?a)