On 30/08/2013 14:23, pablo pazos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Maybe this is OT but is related. I remembered a problem I had some
> time ago working with algorithms that traverses the archetype structure.
>
> For CObjects without nodeID, the path of the CObject is equal to the
> path of it's parent CAttribute, so when I want to get the node with
> that path using Archetype.node(path), only one of those nodes will be
> returned.

the usual thing to do here is to provide two (well actually 4, including
the 'has' ones) functions:

c_attribute_at_path (a_path: String): C_ATTRIBUTE
     pre-condition
         has_attribute_path (a_path)

c_object_at_path (a_path: String): C_OBJECT
     pre-condition
         has_object_path (a_path)

in the ADL workbench, we actually pre-compute this in the parse phase,
but that isn't necessary of course.