I think this thread has gone a little off the rails.

There are predefined (by FHIR) URIs for value sets that are defined just as
descendants of a single concept, or members of a reference set.

For an enumeration of concepts and/or a snomed ECL expression, then you can use
a Fhir ValueSet and give it a URI.  ValueSets also generalise beyond just
SNOMED (LOINC for example).

Furthermore, there are existing tools to expand them to the set of member
concepts, you can include metadata, manage versions etc.  This is much more
than you get just by encoding ECL in a URI.

In case anyone wants to play with ECL expressions and their evaluation you can
go here for an interactive page:
https://ontoserver.csiro.au/shrimp/ecl.html

Also, some brief documentation and click-through examples here
https://ontoserver.csiro.au/shrimp/ecl_help.html

Regards

Michael

Sent from my iPhone