Hi!

I agree that in many use-cases it is better to have a separate template
intended for GUI/application hints overlayed on a "normal" data content
definition template. (Quick experimentation may be an exception.)

That is why I added "layers of templates" in my previous comment - sorry
for not explaining in detail. So a GUI-hint-annotated template based on
another "normal" content aggregation/constraint-focused template would be a
way to do it. I guess the effect in a resulting operational template (OPT)
is essentially the same no matter how many layers of templates you choose
to work with, right? So a form/GUI-renderer based on OPTs does not care how
you layer the design, but your maintenance headaches might be affected if
not separating things at design time.

I agree with Diego and Bert and suggest starting experimenting in the AM
end (for example using annotations with GUI-hints in templates) and see how
far that takes us, before possibly considering extending the RM (or
whatever *M).

Annotations do not require any changes to AM or RM, the mechanism is
already defined in the specifications. Conventions regarding patterns or
prefixes in annotation keys and/or annotation values will likely give
enough to start with.

A (not so very thought through yet) possible example of annotation use for
application building is available in picture 40 (and supported by picture
36 in
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kxXeJMe0ltfLlchGA0Lm8mfOD-PQDLFy/view?usp=sharing

//Erik